My Blog

My Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 2 Assignment


This is me at my brother's college graduation a very proud moment.




I like this book because not only are the students identify the alphabets but you can also teach them the phonics sound as well. I even came up with my own song to go along with reading this book to my students.

I chose this drawing because it remind of one of my students who create a picture for me to display on my desk of him and his friends so that I wont forget them when they leave my class.


I found this poem and it reminded me as to why I choose the field of education.
 
A Teacher's Creed


I believe I have been called by God to teach.
I believe in children...young and old...black and white...rich and poor....each in need of learning.
I believe in blackboards, chalk dust, textbooks, and computers for each has a part in imparting knowledge.
I believe the love I give to my students will someday be reflected in their lives.
I believe the gift of teaching is not measured simply by marks, enrollment, or the end of the school year.
It is in the witness I give and the fullness of the life lived by those I teach.
I believe I have the power to lead those in need of learning to the threshold of their own minds.
I believe in my giftedness to use each of the tools available no matter how new or old..for the light of knowledge in the eyes of another is my goal.
I believe teaching is more than tests, diplomas, paperwork, and fundraising.
It is the values I breathe daily into another...slowly.
It is in the faith I share in Jesus...ever changing and growing...never ending.
I believe my success today goes unnoticed...until those i teach and touch can stand alone and say "in my life I have learned..."
I believe if I have taught and touched one person...in God's name...I have used my gift to me justly..and can humbly say...
I believe in teaching....
I AM A TEACHER!!

 



6 comments:

  1. Yalanda,
    I just love this book and so do all of my students and my own daughter. I use this book at the beginning of every year. All the children help me make letters for our big coconut tree. One of the best recommendations ever, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea in creating a coconut tree where everyone has the opportunity to join. My students will love that activity.

      thanks

      Delete
  2. Ms Yalanda,

    I am a first time blogger and can I say i am not having the best time with this new technology. I graduated almost ten years ago with my Bachelors and college was never like this. It has been pretty difficult to get all this new technology in order. i even had to have my 17 year old son to assist me. i love your bog website. And Chick chicka boom boom is one of my favorite books to read to the children at my school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can relate to you Carrie. I will say this is my first time ever blogging myself and I am still learning but you and I bother will master it. Good Luck with you studies here at Walden University.

      Delete
  3. Iam also a first time blogger and also don't like blogger, I have graduated in about 10 years my self. I had a hard time trying to do this work but I not going to give it up. I also love your blogger. I love the Chick chick Boom Boom book. So you keep up the good job. Good Luck. 9/17/2013

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you I am glad you are deciding not give up on your dreams and it will get better.

    ReplyDelete